Tuesday, June 22, 2010

minted pea hummus

On Sunday, I tried this easy recipe of Minted Pea Hummus and loved it.



Here's the recipe:

   2  cups frozen green peas, thawed            1 1/2  teaspoons olive oil
   2  garlic cloves, minced                                  1  teaspoon water
1/2  cup mint leaves                                        1/4  teaspoon salt

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.  Yield: 1 1/4 cups




I also added one minced dried chile (reconstituted), mostly for purposes of using up the ridiculous amount of chiles we have.  And I used more garlic than they called for, because I love garlic so much.

To be honest, I'm not even very fond of peas, and Christopher doesn't even like mint, but we both liked the end result.  I might change it up a bit next time, but it's really pretty good served on pita bread.  We even used it as a spread on chicken breast sandwiches.  The sandwiches were super tasty; the hummus added a ton of extra flavor and goodness.  Mmmmm. 

Try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment