Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Post

It's finally starting to feel like "the holidays".  For weeks now, I've been anticipating the First Snow-- wondering when we'd finally get to see those annual white-lined streets and lacy trees again.  I'm so glad it held out for such a long time this year.  It really felt like an Event today because of it.  Winter, oh Winter,  how I love thee, yet shiver at the thought of you.

I've already ventured out for a long walk to commemorate and enjoy this beautiful First Sighting.  Without planning it, a mug of hot coffee and the most delicious Red Velvet cupcake that you could ever imagine found their way into my day.  Never has a cupcake tray sitting in the window looked so enticing and never has it fulfilled it's intent so fully as it did this afternoon.  What a day.

Now it's time to snuggle up with the cat, order some pizza and enjoy a hot toddy or two.... well, Maybe.

1 comment: