Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A New Purse

For the past few days, I've been working on creating a new purse...

Taking these materials:



This is what I came up with:




Inside view:


It's not perfect, but I think it's REALLY cute. I'm learning quite a lot from just winging it and seeing what turns out. However, I'm discovering that I should probably learn how to read a pattern and see how things are actually supposed to be pieced together. I ran into a few little dilemmas of not knowing how to go about things best (specifically, sewing the lining into the outer shell). My solution worked--at least better than the first purse I made)--however, I know there has to be a better (and less risky) way of doing things.

But, for now, I'm happy to have learned a few things...and I have a cute new purse to show for it...




2 comments: